Alex Armstrong tears apart Sussexes’ UK return with brutal reminder of everything they’ve said about Britain
Alex Armstrong has taken aim at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s planned return to Britain by highlighting the couple’s long history of public criticism of the UK and Royal Family.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are preparing to relocate from the US to a private residence outside London later this month, with their children, Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, enrolled to begin at a British school in September.
Reacting to the bombshell development on X, the GB News presenter compiled a lengthy list of accusations and criticisms previously made by the Sussexes before asking his followers: “How well do you think their return will go?”
He began with the couple’s explosive 2021 interview with Oprah Winfrey, pointing to their claim that an unnamed member of the Royal Family had expressed concerns about how dark Archie’s skin might be.
Alex Armstrong highlighted a string of the Sussexes’ previous criticisms following news of their planned return
|
GB NewsThe People’s Channel presenter also highlighted Meghan’s revelation that she experienced suicidal thoughts during her time as a working royal and felt she had not received adequate support from the institution.
Turning to the couple’s 2022 Netflix documentary, Alex said the Sussexes had portrayed the Royal household as “rigid and unsupportive” and “framed their departure as necessary self-preservation”.
He then referenced allegations contained in Harry’s bombshell memoir Spare, including the Duke’s claim that Prince William physically pushed him during an argument about Meghan.
Alex also noted Harry’s accusations that senior members of his family leaked private information to the press, alongside the Sussexes’ repeated criticism of Britain’s tabloid media.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are allegedly preparing to relocate to Britain later this month
|
GETTY
The political commentator stressed that his list was drawn from Harry and Meghan’s “own interviews, documentary and book” before questioning how their return to the country would unfold.
His post prompted a divided response on X.
One critic sarcastically penned: “It’s all we need them coming back.”
Another claimed: “This was predictable.”
Harry & Meghan’s publicly stated criticisms of the UK, royals & institution:
• Oprah 2021: They said an unnamed senior royal expressed concern about how dark Archie’s skin might be
⁰• Meghan stated her suicidal thoughts were not taken seriously by the institution
⁰• They… https://t.co/lNqQTltRWc— Alex Armstrong (@Alexarmstrong) August 19, 2026
A third suggested that “they are coming back simply to return to restarting the constant press lawfare, to fund their lifestyles.”
Someone else referred to the pair as “eternal grifters”.
Others were more welcoming, however, with one social media user arguing: “Who cares? Let them do what they want, and if they’re welcomed back, then just accept it.”
Another added: “Perhaps they should be given a decent opportunity to make a fresh start.”
The couple have lived in the United States for more than six years after relocating to California in 2020
|
GETTY
The Sussexes’ planned return marks a dramatic reversal after more than six years living primarily in California following their decision to step back as senior working royals in 2020.
The couple have not been together in Britain since attending Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral in September 2022.
Sources say King Charles was informed of their plans on Sunday and is understood to welcome the prospect of spending more time with the Sussex family privately.
However, the move will not signal a return to royal duties, with no change expected to Harry and Meghan’s official status as private individuals.
Harry and Meghan married in a lavish royal wedding at Windsor Castle in 2018
|
GETTY
The Prince and Princess of Wales have also been informed.
Security could prove another significant issue following Harry’s long-running dispute over the protection afforded to his family while in Britain.
The Home Office has said decisions surrounding royal security are made by the Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures, describing Britain’s protective security system as “rigorous and proportionate”.
Despite years of public criticism, Harry has also repeatedly expressed affection for Britain, writing last year: “I love it.”
Comments are closed.